Volunteer at PaRC
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at PaRC - a vital role at Memorial Hermann Prevention & Recovery Center! We have volunteer opportunities to fit your time, availability, and talents. Although PaRC volunteers cannot directly interact with counseling clients due to confidentiality requirements, we do need volunteers to help with other types of projects, for example:
Are you highly organized? Good with paperwork? We need volunteers at PaRC to assist our staff with various clerical needs. This is a vitally important position which allows our staff to focus all their energy and talent on our patients.
We have morning and afternoon
shifts available 7 days a week.
Do you like the outdoors? Good with plants? We need volunteers at PaRC to assist our Greenhouse Coordinator in the horticulture therapy program.
Greenhouse volunteer hours are
11:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday,
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Requirements For PaRC Volunteer Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- If a PaRC alumni or a family member:
- For the Office Assistant/Clerical volunteer positions must be one year sober and a graduate of Aftercare.
- For the Greenhouse volunteer program must be 6 months sober and provide a weekly signed participation form from Aftercare coordinator.
- If in recovery from another program:
- Must be 18 months sober, actively working in a recovery program and provide a letter from your sponsor.
- Pass a background check; receive TB test and flu shot.
- Participate in Orientation
- Commit to one year and at least 3 hours per week
Submit your Volunteer Information Packet & Application today.
Please print and email or fax the application to Ann Walker below.
For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact:
Ann Walker, PaRC Volunteer Services
Houston, Texas 77080
P (713) 329-7370
F (713) 329-7580