Supportive Outpatient Program (SOP) for Teens
The Supportive Outpatient Program (SOP) combines supportive outpatient treatment and Sober High School. SOP provides an encouraging and enthusiastic environment for adolescent patients to concurrently continue their education and to foster recovery. Adolescents who have completed a higher level of care or who have been referred by their alternative peer group (APG) can enroll in the program.
The SOP provides opportunities for a morning check-in and afternoon wrap-up group to assist patients with any issues that might interfere with academic advancement. Brief counseling interventions to immediately address behavioral, emotional, and recovery issues that arise during school will be available. Accountability by way of random urinalysis will be conducted at minimum on a monthly basis.
SOP: Who benefits?
Patients who might be appropriate for this level of care include:
- Former patients who are active in an APG, but might be struggling due to enrollment at their normal public school.
- Patients who have stepped down from a higher level of care at PaRC
- Patients who are coming back to Houston from another residential program
- Patients who want to attend a sober high school in Houston, but are on a waiting list
- Patients who need to complete a semester- 1 year of school, and have completed other recommended levels of care
Supportive Outpatient Program Schedule
The SOP is Monday through Friday. Each Friday the SOP counselor contacts parents & APG counselors to share progress related to school, recovery, concerns and achievements. Additionally, once per month the SOP counselor holds an individual session with each SOP patient.
|Time||Topic & Activity|
|7:30 - 8:00 am||Arrive at PaRC|
|8:00 - 8:30 am||SOP Morning Summit (check in group)|
|8:30 - noon||School|
|Noon - 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 - 2:00 pm||School|
|2:00 - 3:00 pm||Supportive Outpatient Group (M,W & F)|
|2:15 - 2:30 pm||SOP Recovery Rally Group (wrap-up group) (T & Th)|
For more Information on PaRC's SOP call (877) 464-7272