What Is Drug and Alcohol Detox
During drug and alcohol detox, our medically supervised detoxification treatment in Houston removes alcohol and drugs from your body. Detoxification can be an uncomfortable process due to possible withdrawal symptoms. While you are in our detox facilities, you will be supervised by a team of medical experts that will minimize any discomfort that may be experienced. PaRC is one of few treatment centers in the Houston metro area that offers a medical detox for adolescents as well as adults.
What Is PaRC's Detox Safety Record?
For PaRC, part of Memorial Hermann, detox safety is most important. PaRC's alcohol and drug detox has an excellent track record:
- We have made great advancements in lowering withdrawal-induced seizures. Most alcohol and drug detox centers incur about four seizures per month. PaRC’s total seizures per year averaged less than one per month in 2014.
- No patient has had DTs (delirium tremens) during the 12 years we have offered detox. DTs are serious and should be avoided.
- Because our Detox Houston is an inpatient stay, you receive nursing attention 24/7. You will be closely watched during your detox.
- You meet with a doctor every day.
- You receive a wellness exam every 2 hours for alcohol withdrawal and every 4 hours for drug withdrawal.
- All members of the drug and alcohol detox treatment team closely collaborate regarding your treatment.
- Our alcohol and drug rehab counselor is there for you during your treatment. The counselor will help you get you through your detox period.
Withdrawal Symptoms And Medical Best Practices
Our doctors might give you medications to treat your drug withdrawal symptoms. Medications are tailored to your withdrawal symptoms to make your treatment safer, more comfortable and quicker. You will not be over-medicated, because your detox from drugs or alcohol is based on a personalized, not a standardized, approach.
Why Doesn't PaRC Offer Outpatient Detox Treatment
For many reasons, outpatient detox is not as safe, comfortable or quick as in the inpatient setting. Patients also have less success actually completing an outpatient detox method.
What Happens After Detox
The fact is, physical freedom from drugs & alcohol results in a fresh start. When you leave one of our detox centers, your body will have a fresh start from the physical addiction you had. But this alone is not rehab, as the removal does not deal with the mental, emotional and behavior problems underlying active addiction. During your alcohol and drug detox, you will begin to attend groups in our rehab program. You will then be able to focus on real recovery with no effects of drugs or alcohol in your body. Continued treatment after detoxification is the best way to achieve long-term recovery.
Get a Fresh Start
Call 877-464-7272 today.