Family Drug Rehab
Patients are not the only ones affected by addiction. Drug and alcohol addiction hurts patients and their families. It becomes a family drug addiction problem. That's why family drug treatment and support are needed. A person's addiction gets worse as time goes on, and its effects may damage or change a family. PaRC's rehab center helps in the patient's as well the in the family recovery.
"I want to express my appreciation for all the family classes I attended. The 3-day Family Program was informative and real. PaRC has world-class programs. All of the PaRC team members I have met in the past month have been very knowledgeable. They were helpful and super nice. It is good to know PaRC is there when I need them. Thanks to all the PaRC staff." ~Edsel D., Nov 2011
Family Addiction Treatment: Cause, Control, Cure
During PaRC's family rehab, families learn three major things: they did not cause the addiction; they can't control it; and they can't cure it. Family drug treatment is about learning all the contributing factors that lead to addiction. During family recovery, they also get counseling. We help families cope. We teach them how to protect themselves from the effects of addiction, and we show them how to support their loved one's recovery.
"There's help. There are people that cares. There is a place of sanctuary to help you regain the person that you really are inside.” Patty says after her husband went through the Adults program at PaRC and has been sober for over four years. Watch Video »
Our Family Drug Rehab Program includes:
- Family Orientation. You will attend this orientation once. The group is led by a family counselor. It will help you understand what family drug addiction rehab support is available to at PaRC. You will learn what to expect from patients and staff. A question-and-answer session is held at the end.
- Family Education. This is free for one year. This is a four-week series led by a PaRC counselor. It includes education and meetings on many topics. You will learn about addiction and the 12 steps. You will increase communication. Codependency, enabling and boundaries will be covered. Discussions on family roles, adult children of alcoholics and family recovery will take place.
- Family Rehab Parent Groups. This is a 12-week series. Groups are a safe environment for parents to talk about being the parent of someone with addiction.
- Family Process Groups. These are free for one year. Groups are led by licensed counselors. Family members address feelings, concerns, struggles and triumphs.
- Family Aftercare Program. This is free for one year. The program is available to patients' families. Attendance begins while the patient is in treatment and continues for one year after discharge. Groups are led by trained aftercare facilitators. They encourage and teach families how to strengthen their recovery tools.
- Al-Anon meetings. Al-Anon is a 12-step program for anyone who has been affected by someone else's addiction. Meetings help loved ones create a more peaceful lifestyle. See other 12 Step meetings on PaRC's campus.
- 3-Day Family Workshop This workshop is available by appointment only. It is scheduled after the third week of the patient's treatment.
Family Drug Rehab Services Schedule
||5:30 - 6:45 p.m.
||7 - 8 p.m.
||6 - 7 p.m.
||6 - 7 p.m.
|Family Process Group
||7:30 - 8:45 p.m.
||8 - 9 p.m.
|Patient & Family Aftercare
||9 - 10:45 a.m.
||11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
||1:30 - 3 p.m.
|3-Day Family Workshop
||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
||By appointment only
For more information on the 3-Day Intensive:
Review the Agenda to see each day's schedule and read Frequently Asked Questions to learn more. You may also contact: